Instructions for U.S. Customs Form 3299
This declaration for free entree of unaccompanied articles must be completed and signed for your household goods to clear customs. The following are instructions for completing this form. If you should have any questions, please contact our office for assistance.
- 1. Print your full name as it appears in your passport.
- 2. Your date of birth
- 3. The date you will be arriving in the U.S.
- 4. Your current U.S. address and phone number or if you do not yet have an address, give the address where you will be staying.
- 5. The name of the city in the U.S. where you will clear customs.
- 6. The name of the airlines which you will be flying with.
- 7. The name of those in your family who will accomany you on your flight and their relationship to you.
- 8. A, B, C, D, E, and F will be filled in by the port agent.
- 9. Check the box that applies to you.
- 9a. Indicate the last country where you resided abroad
- 9b. The length of time you were out of the U.S.
- 10. Read all the paragraphs in A, B, and C. Check each box that applies to the content of your shipment.
PLACE YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER AND YOUR PASSPORT NUMBER IN THE BLANKS ALLOWED. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER, LEAVE THIS FIELD BLANK AND FILL IN THE PASSPORT NUMBER. IF YOU HAVE A VISA, PLEASE FILL IN THE VISA NUMBER.
IMPORTANT FOR NON-RESIDENTS - If you are not a U.S. Citizen and do not have a Visa, you cannot import unaccompanied goods into the U.S.
To be completed by U.S. military personnel and evacuees only! If this applies, fill in the date you departed from the U.S. Attach a copy of your travel orders, and the date your orders were issued.
IMPORTANT: If you check any boxes in this area, you must list the items on the back side of this form under "D list of articles" Duty and taxes will be charged on these items.
Items 1 through 6. Check the items shown if they are contained in your shipment. Please list them on the back side fo this form or attach a sheet.
Items 7 and 8. If foreign household effects are contained in your shipment, check 7 and 8 as applicable. You only have to list the items on the back side of this form if they are under one year.
Items 9, 10, 11. For returning residents only. Check the box or boxes applicable to the contents of your shipment.
UNLESS YOU HAVE CHECKED ITEMS IN PART 4, SECTION A, B, OR C, PLEASE DO NOT LIST ANY ITEMS IN THIS SECTION. If you are declaring any wine or liquor, please use the attached wine list.
- 1. Leave Blank
- 2. Fill in your complete signature
- 3. Today's date.
This form is self-explanatory. Please insure that all items are completed, and that the form is signed.
Please leave numbers 15 and 16 blank.
If you need assistance in completing this form or have questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.