5-6 weeks before
- 1. Check that your passports and visas are valid.
- 2. Check whether any permits are required, e.g. for residency, work, vehicles or firearms.
- 3. Check vaccination requirements.
- 4. Check your travel documents and tickets.
- 5. Collect all your personal documents, e.g. birth and marriage certificates and medical records.
- 6. Advise your attorney, bank, doctor, dentist, insurance company, building society and DSS.
- 7. Cancel subscriptions to clubs and magazines.
- 8. Notify schools.
- 9. Obtain invoices for new purchases (for customs import formalities).
- 10.Clear out the attic, garage and shed.
3 - 4 weeks before
- 1. Prepare a valuation for insurance and complete the S & K 2000, Inc. insurance proposal form.
- 2. Dispose of the items you don't want to ship.
- 3. Supply a contact number and/or address for after you have moved but before you leave the country (if appropriate).
- 4. Supply your overseas contact address and phone number.
- 5. Check with S & K 2000, Inc. about obtaining a tax refund on new purchases.
- 6. Ask for final accounts for gas, water and electricity.
- 7. Complete all outstanding credit agreements.
- 8. Cancel all rental agreements.
- 9. Run down stocks of food and drink.
- 10.Confirm your move date with S & K 2000, Inc.
1 - 2 weeks before
- 1. Arrange for mail to be forwarded.
- 2. Clean garden tools, bicycles, etc.
- 3. Arrange care for children and pets on moving day.
- 4. Arrange for mains services to be disconnected.
- 5. Cancel newspaper subscription
- 6. Empty lockers at school and work.
- 7. Return or retrieve any items on loan.
- 8. Drain fuel from motor mowers.
- 9. Dispose of plants and perishable food.
1 - 2 days before
- 1. Separate all personal items which are to travel with you, e.g. keys, documents, passports, tickets, certificates, currency, clothing, etc.
- 2. Disconnect, clean and dry any electrical appliances that you wish to ship.
- 3. Disconnect lights for shipment and make wiring safe.
- 4. Dismantle furniture items as per the S & K 2000, Inc. schedule.
- 5. Arrange with neighbors to leave sufficient parking space for the removal vehicle. On moving day relax and let S & K 2000, Inc. do the work.
- 6. Remain on hand in case the packers have any questions.
- 7. Check all rooms, cupboards and walls to make sure nothing is left behind.